Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Peculiarly Familiar

A few snapshots of my room. This room reminds me of my care free childhood days, the not so distant years of adolescence and all of the years stuck in traffic with vices.

A lot of shifts happened inside my room through the years. Made good and bad decisions in life within these four walls. This is the place where I used to listen to new old punk rock records, this is where I learned to strike my first three fast paced chords, wrote my first song, crammed a lot of homework and this is where I started sketching weird creatures.


This dresser is my sanctuary. Singles, EP's, full lengths, compilations, documentaries, tour coverage, exclusive live performances, skate videos, trippy movies, audio books, tapes, vinyl records, art films, zines, concert tickets, magazines and pins, this is where all of my shit falls into place. All trapped in ice.








I don't like posters, stickers and flyers, that's why all the walls inside my room and all the doors of my closet are so clean and tidy. I want my room to have this classy and regal feel to it. NOT!






This shelf used to house my abundant collection of Tech-Deck fingerboards, Gundam, Pokemon, Digimon toys and some Marvel and DC action figures, but now it's just a boring shelf repleted by caps. I can't recall what happened to my toy collection but I'm pretty sure that I miss my childhood every time I look at this shelf.


I used to order stuffs abroad so that I could have my monthly hoard of band merchandise and magazines when I was in High-School. A lot of my magazines were borrowed by familiar faces and those were the same faces who stole a lot of shit from my collection. From my vast collection of skate and band magazines, these are the only ones that are left out in the dust.


Lame old shoe boxes stuck inside my room for years and years. I used to put my collection of cards and stickers inside these shoe boxes when I was in Elementary.


This is the first and last thing that I see everyday whenever I'm here in my mother land, Surigao City. This alienating familiar ceiling has a lot of stories to tell, but it's kinda shy, so yeah, we both keep our secrets tight. 


When you outgrow childhood and feel the pull of the world bringing you down piece by piece, that's the time I'll take you down to where I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment